Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 6 – Enterprise Install
This guide is specific to the server that I had been asked to setup
- For quick navigation you can press alt+(yellow letter).
- Most information can be found on the DRAC interface.
- If you cannot connect to the DRAC web interface try another browser.
- If the GUI glitches you will need to reboot the server
- Randomly generated passwords should be limited to 15 characters.
- To start download the ViciBox server Preload ISO from http://download.vicidial.com/iso/vicibox/server/
- Log onto DRAC web interface (the IP address and login details should be provided to you).
- Click ‘Launch’ to download a file (viewer.jnlp file)
- Open with ‘Javaws’ (Ok/accept any security boxes)
- When the command box opens click ‘Launch Virtual Media’ and add the image (the viewer.jnpl file)
- When prompted select ‘64-bit users will see ViciBox v.4.0 64-bit’.
- At login type ‘root’ and use the password ‘vicidial’
- Next type ‘os-install’
- Follow setup guide and amend options where required.
- When it comes to the partition screen select ‘Create LVM Based Proposal’
- Navigate to ‘edit’
- On ‘Expert Partitioner’ navigate to ‘Volume Management’, then swap.
- Resize the size it set to 16 GB
- Navigate to ‘root’ and set size to 4 GB
- Continue with install
- The next screen should be similar to the figure below;
- This install may require a reboot
- Un-mount image on reboot
- When prompted enter the hostname for the server (provided) and domain (.xxxxxxx.com)
- At the ‘New User Local’ screen leave the details blank and continue.
- You will be prompted for the username and password again, login as root.
- You may need to reboot the server to restore the screen.
- Log back in as root
- Type ‘yast lan’
- Navigate to the network card
- Check the box ‘Statically assigned IP Address’.
- Enter the IP address provided. If you have not been provided check the default gateway address and choose the next available IP address.
- Enter the Subnet mask, usually 255.255.255.248 or prefix /29, this can be checked on the DRAC web interface.
- Navigate to ‘General’ then ‘Firewall Zone’ and change the zone to ‘Internal Zone’
- Click ‘Next’
- Check that the ‘Hostname/DNS’ settings are correct.
- Enter the ‘Name Server’ information. This can be found on the web interface.
- Navigate to ‘Routing’ and enter the default gateway details.
- Check to make sure that the correct information has been entered to the ‘Domain field’
- Click ‘Next’ and make a quick ping to a public IP address to test internet connectivity.
- Type ‘zypper refresh’ to refresh the online repositories.
- Then type ‘zypper up’, which will begin the updating.
- When prompted to continue enter ‘y’.
- Type ‘vicibox-install’
- Enter the IP address you assigned earlier
- When prompted follow the responses below;
o Do you want to continue with the ViciBox install? [y/N]: Y
o Do you want to use this IP address for ViciDial? [Y/n] : Y
o Will this server be used as the Database? [y/N] : Y
§ Will this be a Slave Databse? [y/N] : N
· Do you want to use the default ViciDial DB settings? [Y/n] : N
· DB Username (cron) : <press enter>
· DB Password (1234) : <insert randomly generated password>
· DB Name (asterisk) : <press enter>
· DB Custom Username (custom) : <press enter>
· DB Custom Password (custom1234) : <insert randomly generated password>
· DB Port (3306) : <press enter>
· DB Slave User (slave): <press enter>
· DB Slave Pass (slave1234) : <insert randomly generated password>
· Will this server be used as a Web server? [y/N] : Y
o Install Redirect Page? [y/N]: Y
o Install phpMyAdmin ? [y/N] : N
· Will this server be used as a Telephony server? [y/N] : Y
· Will this server be used as an Archive server? [y/N] : N
· Do you want to disable the built-in firewall? [y/N] : N
- When prompted check that the settings matches up to the figure below. Except server specific information such as IP address.
- Do you want to continue the installation? [y/N] : Y
- Reboot the server when prompted.
- Log onto the web interface of the IP
- Default user: 6666 and password: 1234
- Click ‘Continue on to the Initial Setup’
- Change the default password to the server password convention
- Change the ‘Default Phone Login Password’ to ‘xxxx’.
- Update ‘Default Local GMT’ and Default Voicemail Zone’.
- Click ‘Submit’
- Enter the command as shown in the figure below;
- To copy and paste these commands you will need to use putty.
- Paste the following command ‘wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.600-1.noarch.rpm’
- Then run the command ‘rpm -U webmin-1.600-1.noarch.rpm’
- Next change the default password from ‘vicidial’ to a randomly generated password.
- Type ‘passwd’ and enter randomly generated password. Ensure the password is correct.
Sometimes the domain is not updated correctly; this will need to be addressed