Multi-Area Integrated IS-IS
- Configure multi-area IS-IS
- Review configuration of IS-IS level 1 and 2
- Verify IS-IS adjacencies and view IS-IS database
- Review IS-IS domain authentication
- Verify intra-area IS-IS operation
Verify IS-IS operationI'm just going to verify the configuration on the routers by using the following commands;
Verify IS-IS Multi-Area OperationR3 will only keep a link state database for IS-IS level 2.
The fast ethernet interface on R1 confirms that it is a Level 1 and 2 router;
Verify IS-IS Intra-Area OperationIf we check R2s routing table we can see that it only has level 1 routers and that the gateway of last resort has been set. A level 1 router can learn this from a neighbouring Level 1-2 router.
By checking the IS-IS database you can see R1 has an attached bit which indicates it is also a level 2 router and can reach other areas.