Update 3550 IOSWe can see from the following command that this switch has the I9Q3L2 EMI version 12.1.
We can use the following command to view the directory where the IOS is stored. The image is located in the EA1a.bin directory. I want to upgrade this switch to have the C3550-IPSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.2 (the same as my other switch, with all of its additional features).
By issuing the following command we can view that directory;
I did have a problem at first trying to backup the image. To solve the problem shortening the name fixed it.
Copy k9 image across
The characters which show the status of a transfer in IOS are;
- ! – Indicates a successful transfer to 10 packets
- O – Indicates out of sequence packets
- . – Indicates a timeout
- E – Uppercase E indicates an error
- e – Lowercase e indicates flash is being erased
- V – Indicates checksum verification