SAMBA: Using GPO to remotely publish/assign packages
Create a distribution point
Publish/Assign a package
By Assigning a package, the computer will install the software on boot.
- Click Group Policy Management under administrative tools.
- Second click Group Policy Objects
- Click new (You can link the GPO to an OU later)
- Depending if you want to Assign or Publish a package;
- Publish - User Configuration -> Policies -> Software Settings.
- Assign - Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Software Settings.
- Right-click Software installation, click New, and then click Package.
- In the Open dialog box, type the full UNC path of the shared installer.
- Click Open.
- Depending on which one you want either click Publish or Assign
- You should now see the package in the window.